5,200 Miles Apart Scientists Agree on Cocoa Health Benefits: Featured Post


If there's one thing I know, it's that I knew there would be a day someone would tell me chocolate has health benefits.  Thanks to scientists from Africa and America, I can finally release my guilt about the late night chocolate bar snacks I often indulge in.  UC Davis and MARS Snackfood recently collaborated at their International Cocoa Symposium hosted by JDC Events.  There, 250 delegates from Western and Central Africa discussed sustainable cocoa farming techniques.  The Symposium also offered the scientists a delicious chocolate tasting and banquet dinner at the Smithsonian Castle in Washington, DC.  

Thanks to this effort, African farmers will earn more income and the chocolate produced will be higher quality and resistant from disease.  Perhaps, this means we will even get to eat more chocolate here in America.  

Read more about the night here:


International Cocoa Symposium

Comments